REXIVA® is a range of highly purified amino acids suitable for all nutritional applications – from infant and sports nutrition to supplements and flavors. As the building blocks of life, amino acids are involved in most biochemical processes within the human body (proteins). As a result, they play an integral role in metabolism and overall health.
The amino acids found in proteins are called protein genic amino acids. These are all L-amino acids and can be divided into two categories: essential and non-essential. Essential amino acids cannot be synthesized by the body and therefore need to be obtained from diet, whereas non-essential amino acids can be synthesized within the body.
Benefits of REXIVA®
The REXIVA® brand draws on decades of Evonik expertise in the field of amino acids and related compounds. REXIVA® is a byword for guaranteed high quality – comprising products that fulfill all necessary regulatory and quality-related standards:
- Non-animal origin
- Full control of all quality parameters (purity, microbiology, heavy metals, etc.)
- Analytical methods in compliance with USP, FCC, Codex Alimentarius
- Kosher and halal certification
- Statements on allergens, residual solvents and BSE/TSE are available
- Leading European-based global supplier of amino acids
- Maximum supply security due to backward integration of our main amino acids such as methionine, serine & proline
- Highly purified and suitable for all nutritional applications
At the core of the REXIVA® brand is a unique combination of chemistry, biotechnology and purification technology. We have the ability to combine upstream and downstream integration with the full control of our supply chain.
Looking for information compiled in one document? Our brochures offer an overview of relevant details in just a few pages.
Applications of REXIVA®
Amino acids play a fundamental role in many functions of the human body, including protein synthesis. But what distinguishes REXIVA®?
REXIVA® amino acids are suitable for use in diverse nutritional applications, such as:
- Dietary supplements: benefits include detoxification of the body and prevention of nutritional deficits
- Infant nutrition: amino acids are used as a protein source for hypoallergenic infant formulas when cow milk or soy milk cannot be digested
- Sports nutrition: amino and keto acids help to decrease muscle fatigue by reducing ammonia levels, and by stimulating protein synthesis and muscle growth
- Flavor enhancers: amino acids give flavor to food products – either on their own, or by reacting with other ingredients during cooking
- Medical nutrition: amino acids are used in medical enteral nutrition applications such as tube feeding, when a standard protein source (whey, milk, etc.) cannot be digested
- Meal replacement: amino acids are used as a source of protein in meal replacements, as only small quantities are needed
In addition to single L-amino acids, we offer a host of specific ingredients to meet your formulation needs.
- Amino acid salts
- Keto acids