The human microbiome consists of trillions of microorganisms that affect not only the gut, but the health of the entire body and our overall well-being. For example, the gut microbiome affects the immune system, skin, metabolism, and brain far beyond digestion. As more people become aware of the central role the gut microbiome plays in our overall health, there is growing interest in how diet and nutrition can positively influence our microbiome. As a result, there is a growing demand for microbiotic products such as prebiotics and probiotic supplements.
Our B4U™ brand of bacterial strains from our extensive strain library allows you to create foods, food supplements or FSMPs (food for special medical purposes) for microbiome health. The health benefits of our probiotics have been scientifically researched and clinically tested in innovative synbiotic combinations. Use our B4U™ quality strains for value-added differentiation of your individual products.
Spore-forming bacterial strains
Spore formers are very robust, which makes them easy to process. Our spores are suitable for a variety of formulations: as a powder for sports nutrition or dietary supplements, for filling into capsules or for processing into fruit gums. Their stability ensures long shelf life in products. Spore-forming bacterial cultures are also highly resistant to gastric and bile acids in the digestive tract.
At Evonik, we have many years of experience in the development of spore products, such as spore-based probiotics, and will be happy to advise you. In addition to pure spore products, we also offer ready-to-pack capsule solutions.
Our B4U™ strains
- Immune system
- Gut-brain axis
- Tested to the EFSA safety standard/QPS status
- Heat and process stability
- Gastric and bile acid resistance
- Inhibitory to many known pathogens
- Produces large amounts of lactic acid
- Causes an increase in butyrate levels in the gut
- Promotes butyrate-forming bacteria
- Has been clinically studied for its effect on glucose metabolism and lipid levels
The B4U™21 strain was investigated in pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Tom Dieck, H., Schön, C., Wagner, T., Pankoke, H. C., Fluegel, M., & Speckmann, B. (2021). A Synbiotic Formulation Comprising Bacillus subtilis DSM 32315 and L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine Improves Intestinal Butyrate Levels and Lipid Metabolism in Healthy Humans. Nutrients, 14(1), 143. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu14010143
- Kordowski, A., Tetzlaff-Lelleck, V. V., Speckmann, B., Loh, G., Künstner, A., Schulz, F., Schröder, T., Smollich, M., Sina, C., & Tom Dieck, H. (2022). A nutritional supplement based on a synbiotic combination of Bacillus subtilis DSM 32315 and L-alanyl-L glutamine improves glucose metabolism in healthy prediabetic subjects - A real-life post-marketing study. Frontiers in nutrition, 9, 1001419. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnut.2022.1001419
- Micro-inflammatory processes
The B4U™63 strain was investigated in preclinical and clinical studies
The content of this website is intended for healthcare professionals and business customers only. This content is not intended for end users of such products. None of the statements on this website should be taken as an approved health claim.
These claims have not been evaluated by EFSA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.